Holiday Gift Ideas for Cancer Patients
Posted by Cindy M. on Nov 13th 2020
The holiday season is just around the corner, and it’s time to think about holiday gifts for those special people on your gift-giving list. Unfortunately, COVID has made gift shopping during the 2020 holiday season more challenging than ever before. With this in mind and to reduce the stress of holiday shopping, we’ve put together a list of 10 great holiday gift ideas for those undergoing cancer treatment.
- A soft lap quilt or throw makes a wonderful gift for someone undergoing cancer treatment. Treatment areas in medical buildings can get quite cold. If you’re talented enough to make one, even better. Sew a zippered pouch into one of the corners allowing them to keep small items conveniently handy such as lip balm, radiation burn skin care cream, burn relief spray, pens, small writing pad, etc. As they wrap the quilt around themselves, they can imagine you giving them a nice big hug.
- With cancer treatments, their body is working hard to help them heal. A HEPA filter air purifier reduces the battle their body faces by removing microscopic particles like dust, mold, pollen and bacteria from the air which provides a better environment for the body to heal. It also creates white noise which can make it easier to sleep. When picking an air purifier, be sure to choose one that is non-ozone producing because ozone is a lung irritant and can make it more difficult for the body to fend off respiratory infections.
- Our Radiation Burn Skin Care Cream (My GirlsTM or My GuysTM formulations) is always appreciated. Even better, however, is a gift set that also includes one of the following: Lemon and Bergamot Body Lotion, Calendula & Rosemary Mint Soap, Moisturizing Serum, Calendula & Spearmint Deodorant, Calming Calendula Spray,
- Activity books, adult coloring books with colored pencils and/or reading material such as a magazine subscription provides much-needed distraction and activity. One particular book, Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips, is a warm and informative book containing personal stories, candid revelations and important resources for someone undergoing cancer treatment.
- One of our newest products, a unique blend of Calendula & Green Tea, creates a delightful beverage that can be enjoyed hot or cold. After brewing, it may also be cooled and then sprayed on burned, sensitive or irritated skin, providing relief to the effects of cancer treatments. To soothe larger areas, it may be used in a sitz bath.
- Speaking of aromatherapy ... our Calendula & Rosemary Mint Handmade Essential Oil Soap Gift Set features three bars of handmade soap that soothes, calms and cleanses sensitive and overly dry skin while also providing the relaxing benefits of aromatherapy.
- Give an Uber gift card which can be used to travel to cancer treatments or to run errands. It can also be used to order food from hundreds of restaurants through Uber Eats for those times when they just don’t feel like cooking.
- Soft button-up pajamas are always a welcome gift, making it easy to change drains and to apply My Girls skin care creams and cooling sprays.
- My GirlsTM Skin Care Comfort Gift Set is the perfect cancer support package for anyone undergoing radiation therapy or whose skin would benefit from the soothing support and comfort My GirlsTM provides. Each cancer gifts package contains four of our most popular products.
- Fill a stocking with many useful items including some of those we’ve already listed. Additional items could include: anti-queasy drops, ice lolly molds, drain dollies (if they’re having surgery), anti-sickness wristbands, bags of nuts, healthy snack bars, luxurious slippers that can be heated, eye masks, soft fluffy socks, a good romance novel or mystery, etc.
Each of these makes wonderful holiday gifts for someone undergoing cancer treatment. Be sure to include one of our note cards featuring a painting by Breast Cancer Survivors, Warriors and Conquerors to complete your gift package. And don’t forget to use coupon code "MYGIRLS " to receive a discount on all of our gift sets!