Ways to Calm Anxiety After a Cancer Diagnosis
Posted by T. Keresztes on Feb 8th 2023
"The unknown is where all outcomes are possible, enter it with grace" A teabag
During my breast cancer journey I found the following things kept me afloat each day and helped me to cope with my cancer diagnosis and the anxiety and stress that accompany ongoing treatments. I hope you will also find them helpful.
- Exercise daily (atleast 150 minutes/week) - do something that brings you JOY!
- Pray, express gratitude and rest
- Listen to uplifting music, podcasts, videos that inspire you
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruit and vegetables daily for cancer preventing fiber and immunity boosting antioxidants
- Drink soothing teas throughout the day, switching to herbal in the afternoon
- Consult an Oncology Nutritionist to ensure your diet meets your nutritional needs
- Download a mobile app that helps alleviate stress and anxiety
- Try something NEW
- Make a plan to do something you have always wanted to do, even if it's absolutely nothing
- Share a laugh or compliment with anyone you meet and receive help when its' offered.
Founder & President
My Girls Skin Care